• Rails Application and SSL Problem in Internet Explorer

    Recently we ran across a very annoying problem when deploying a Ruby on Rails application running under SSL when viewed in IE7. When we loaded the page in Internet Explorer 7 there was a content security error. This made no sense at all as everything was secure, and even when we hard coded absolute links the problem still persisted. What could possibly be causing this problem.

    Thinking perhaps it was some random HTTP link sitting in the code, the developers went over everything with a fine tooth comb and could not find the problem. Knowing that a secure content error could be the result of a number of things we broke parts out of the page and rebuilt the page one line at a time until we recreated the content error. Low and behold we found a single JS file that was causing this problem!

    Read the rest of this entry »